Shoobx gets private companies ready for fundraising, exit, and beyond.
- We are changing the way private companies fundraise by providing best-in-class equity management solutions. We’re passionate about what we do and build products that solve real problems, create clear paths to fundraising diligence, and get companies ready for acquisition or IPO, and beyond.
- We have a bigger vision to improve the entrepreneurial ecosystem that goes beyond solving equity management and includes supporting investors in managing their firm, portfolio companies and limited partners. We do this by streamlining reporting and risk management, and storing or automating financing documents.
- We’re poised for scale. We’re growing rapidly from a team and revenue perspective and focused on scaling through strategic testing and learning.
- We’re a customer-first company. We’ve built our platform through partnership with our earliest clients and they are the lens through which we build, grow, make decisions. Rather than going out with marketing dollars, we invested in our product to build a solution that really works for our clients and helps them stay financing ready.
- We support all entrepreneurs. We as an organization have made a commitment to doing what we can, in our own small way, to chip away at obstacles, and help all founders feel equally supported, regardless of gender, race, sexual identity, or dis/ability with our Underrepresented Founders Program.
About the Role
The Alliances role is part of our rapidly expanding sales and business development team focused on creating relationships in the startup ecosystem. You’ll play a key role in growing Shoobx’s market share by identifying strategic partnerships, finding alignment of outcomes, creating mutual incentives to drive opportunities, identifying valuable integrations, cultivating unique opportunities for engaging with our ideal customer persona through events, content, or other experiences to attract new audiences.
In this role, you would:
- Cultivate existing relationships by creating a framework and process to drive the most value for both companies.
- Identify new opportunities to drive adoption of the Shoobx platform through existing and new partnerships
- Leverage a variety of strategies to create new alliances that drive lead generation and awareness for Shoobx
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to create content, events, and audience-sharing opportunities
- Work with the entire sales and business development team to create and close new opportunities
- Work with leading stakeholders in the startup and venture ecosystem like data platforms payroll providers, fund administrators, law firms, banks and more
- Maintain organized tracking of and serve as the internal and external point of contact for strategic partnerships.
You don’t need to check all these boxes, but here are some things you might be currently doing or have done in the past:
- Developed relationships with key stakeholders at partner organizations
- Created strong revenue driving alliances through integrations and incentives
- Managed public launches of partnerships with internal and external teams including webinars, content and other lead generation activities
- Identified and created partnerships with unique distribution opportunities
- Built a strong and valued network ideally in the startup/venture capital ecosystem
- Created a partnership program for a large network of varied participants
You’ve been described by others as:
- Procedural – build scalable processes, but identifies when to adapt and what the applicable scope is
- Organized – Thrives in keeping order among chaos and holding others accountable
- Non-linear thinker – keeps the goal in mind and finds innovative paths to maximize success
- Persistent – can understand the goal and is able to accomplish it or identify what is needed to do so, will apply themselves until it is complete
- Adaptable – able to make progress in the context of a rapidly changing environment