Shoobx gets private companies ready for fundraising, exit, and beyond.
We are changing the way private companies fundraise by providing best-in-class equity management solutions. We’re passionate about what we do and build products that solve real problems, create clear paths to fundraising diligence, and get companies ready for acquisition or IPO, and beyond.
- We are a challenger brand. We are the equity management platform that the industry/private companies need as an alternative in the marketplace to the other solutions.
- We’re poised for scale. We’re growing rapidly from a team and revenue perspective and focused on scaling through strategic testing and learning.
- We’re a customer-first company. We’ve built our platform through partnership with our earliest clients and they are the lens through which we build, grow, make decisions. Rather than going out with marketing dollars, we invested in our product to build a solution that really works for our clients and helps them stay financing ready.
- We have a bigger vision to improve the entrepreneurial ecosystem that goes beyond solving equity management.
This role is a unique opportunity to build out the finance function at a fintech startup where you will also be able to influence the strategic direction of the company through your expertise.
We want more entrepreneurs and investors to understand that the friction they feel while fundraising is a thing of the past. If you’re looking for an opportunity to work with a mission-driven team and want the opportunity to influence and guide the Shoobx brand, voice, and reach, we’d love for you to apply!
Business Performance & Analysis:
- Collaborate with functional leads to design and refine reporting dashboards utilizing information from Sales, Marketing, and Customer Success. Guide improvements to processes and engage with teams about ways to improve outcomes
Financial Reporting & Compliance:
- Manage relationship with Shoobx’s accountant, tax preparation team, and auditors
- Collaborate with the above to reflect any changes in our billing or pricing structure accurately
Compensation & HR Operations:
- Manage payroll and consultant compensation, benefits, employee onboarding, and 401k
Financial Operations, Budgeting & Controls:
- Draft and manage to budget, identifying any areas for improvement or in need of increased investment
- Improve and implement expense and reimbursement policies
- Be responsible for Shoobx’s infrastructure including asset acquisition, tracking, supplies, insurance
Vendor management and payables
- Manage vendor relationships across Shoobx, with sole responsibility for Financial, HR relationships, and shared responsibility for product and go-to-market relationships
- Approve and execute a wide variety of payments to vendors and suppliers