Shoobx is looking for experienced software engineers. We are a widely distributed, small group of engineers with broad backgrounds from start-up work, enterprise software, and the legal world. As a senior software engineer, you’ll architect solutions to complicated problems, design and maintain testing, and make the Shoobx platform more resilient and scalable.
- We are remote first with dedicated software engineers around the world with varied backgrounds (open source software, finance, law) and interests (cycling, gliding, cooking, windsurfing).
- We are small enough that your work has an immediate and important impact on the product and our customers.
- We have a technical founding team focused on the product from design to quality.
- We work in a complex space with a lot of edge cases and optionality; we have a ton of tests and QA infrastructure that runs and directly informs our release pipeline.
- We are passionate about entrepreneurship, and we build products that solve real problems for our customers and help them grow and fundraise.
- You will architect, design, build and test new features.
- You will drive discussions about product design, architecture, and technical implementation.
- You will improve Shoobx by performing code reviews, mentoring developers, and introducing new or better ways to solve some of the hard problems we come across.
- You will assist our customer success team in supporting our customers.
- You will identify new technologies that help move the Shoobx platform forward.
- You will learn a great deal about the entrepreneurship ecosystem.
- Global pandemic notwithstanding, you will join your colleagues in person 2-3 times a year to socialize, work through technical challenges, and exchange ideas.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or comparable work experience
- 4+ years of experience developing web applications
- Experience with object-oriented programming, modern web frameworks, and testing
- Experience with version control systems (e.g. Gitlab) and test management tools (e.g. Jenkins)
- Communicate concepts clearly, concisely, and professionally in English to technical and non-technical audiences
If interested, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.